#HealthIsHappening: My 21-days Healthy Habits Challenge.

Last night I finished my 21-days of healthy habits challenge. I love taking this challenge every day because it doesn't only improve my health habit, but because it indeed inspires me to share it with others too. My friends even called me, telling me that they are reading what I am posting and they said that they are following everyday because they are also onto it. I told them that I gain so many lessons from what I am writing and posting. I always used quotes and sayings because of my own belief, this can motivate and inspires me in so many ways, that's why I am also sharing it to the public.

Here are the following #healthishappening that I shared in Facebook for my fun filled, healthy habits for 21 days.

day 1
What could be more inspiring in life than to embrace our day with positive views in our minds. Simply by going out from the garden and be grateful of what I have means it's an awakening that it's also my time to reach out to others. "Try to be a rainbow to someone's cloud." - Maya Angelou






day 2
Do you sometimes think twice before you open your mouth and put something on it? Well, my answer back then is "yes," and I could say that at that time I was a sickly person until it gets serious and I came to realize that I need to feed myself with real nutrient food. From that day on, I just love going to market or visiting trade fairs and buy those fresh veggies or any grown organic products of our farmers. I simply enjoy cooking them with our own Filipino recipe and I am pleased to serve it to my family. 
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." by Brillat-Savarin is another quote that I love but I bet if he had to modify me now, he will say, "Just continue what you are eating and you will stay healthy as you are!." What do you think?




day 3
I am quite lucky because going to the beach is a walking distance from where I live. And in this way, it's good to have a long walk at the beach while breathing the fresh air. 
Be motivated in waking up early and put away the laziness with this quote from Hippocrates, "Walking is man's best medicine."






day 4
Every day of work in the office is also a hard day full of stress but I try to fight it. Stress can give us health problem in the future, so before this will strike us, be reminded with this quote by Valerie Bertineli, "There's going to be stress in life, but it's your choice whether to let it affect you or not."
Collecting stamps is my stress reliever, when I am tired. I write messages on postcard and sent them, and I feel relieved when I also look and read my previous collection.




day 5
My town is blessed with seasonal fruits that's why they call it as the fruit basket of the North and I always take it habitually to savor all the nutrients from these fruits. But what could be more challenging than to make a habit that I will use these fruits not only a gift for those who are sick, but as gifts to anyone on any occasion with a card on it and with a message of quote from Mother Teresa, "Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand. I believe they will feel better for receiving it.







day 6
" As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others." Who will never agree with this quote from Audrey Hepburn? I myself consider that while extending my help to the gardeners in my workplace, I realized that neither I am, while trimming the plants, bending my knees to get rid of those weeds and sweeping, I was able to exercise my muscles. Help others in gardening in order to have a better place to view.







day 7
Sometimes I need to finish some paper works late at night and I can't avoid to crave for something to eat. Hmmm, I should be reminded of what Vanessa Hudgens says, "I don't go long without eating. I never starve myself, I grab a healthy snack."

Slices of dragon fruit will be the best one to dig in for my snack. It doesn't only taste good, but I'll be reaping the good benefits of it.







day 8
"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." by Og Mandino This quote doesn't only speaks of life, but it speaks to our basic needs too. Most of us know the wonders of Malunggay so since I have a small vacant lot in our yard, I still try my best to plant more new branches and supply them with water. I'll be glad when more leaves will come out soon because it's not only for me but also for my neighbors. They also love to gather leaves for their healthy recipe.







day 9
“I’m feeling a little under the weather. But once I open my umbrella, I’m sure I’ll begin to feel better.” 
― Jarod Kintz
By using an umbrella, we protect our skin from the sun and when it rains, it's like a windshield to protect us from having a flu. So, remember to bring an umbrella with you. Anyway, next time you buy an umbrella, you can buy it from Red Cross, for sure, the profit will go to a good cause.


day 10
After our meeting, I invited my friends to the nearby store that sells coconut, we drink and I bought two Buko and I took home for my family. I love it because it takes good care of our kidney.

According to Dick Gregory, "Coconut milk is the only thing on this planet that comes identically to mother's milk." We know what it means, so therefore, let's drink it so that we can have those amazing benefits.







day 11
Fighting my fear? I laugh out loud! And smile and smile. If they are not afraid to held this snake, I should also face the challenge then.

It's true, "To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!" -Charlie Chaplin. So better conquer also your fear and be brave enough!









day 12
“Whoever is happy will make others happy too.” - Anne Frank 
It’s just a simple quote but it got a big meaning on it. Be a party planner, small party can give lots of fun to the kids. I feel real happiness just by simply watching them from playing the games that I prepared. It’s alright if it’s not grand or fancy party, but it’s the fun and enjoyment that matters.





day 13
At the end of each day, all we need is to rest and recharge our body in order to face another good morning. So always bear in mind as Thomas Decker says, "Sleep is that golden chain that ties health and our bodies together." Don't forget, always have a good night sleep.








day 14
Since my goal is to stay fit and healthy, I will just simply take the stairs as a form of my exercise. I know escalator and elevator are available, but if only to reach the second floor or third, why not take your first step to go up? As the saying goes, "There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs." For me, being lazy is a hindrance to be healthy.









day 15
“If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are too heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you.” ― William Ewart Gladstone
At first, I don't like the taste of a tea, but I encourage myself to drink it because I've learned the lesson from that quote that tea is not just not just a regular drink that can support my feelings, but also, through my regular sipping on it can give me more amazing benefits, like fighting free radicals and it can easily burn fats. It's safe to consume a tea, as long as it's not in excessive amounts. So let's drink and enjoy. Cheers!





day 16
It's good to go out of my space zone and appreciates more what can the beauty of the world offer me. Don't just stay home, explore the world! Go out with your friends and enjoy. Remember this quote, "The world is round so that friendship may encircle it." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin










day 17
I like cleaning the kitchen area, especially making the tiles shiny and safe from any bacteria. It's cool to be called as Mrs. Clean but it's cooler if they will also call you Mrs. Healthy. In my workplace, I can't deny that we also use some cleaning products with harsh ingredients on it, but when I saw my Co employee who is not using a mask in cleaning. I call her attention and advises her to use the right protection. Now, I will make a point that I will remind my Co workers that they will use the right protection so that they will not be affected from any harsh chemicals that are bad for their body.
"Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow." - Anne Wilson Schaef
So neither they are, the earlier they know the ways on how to protect themselves like me, they will have a healthy future.

day 18
Organizing helps me to have a cleaner mind. And if I will organize, I will also donate some stuffs whose someone can still use it. Just by putting things into proper order, it can calm my body. I purchased things for my family and there are stuffs that they don't even use, so I try to let them go and be with someone else that can use it. As the saying goes, "Charity begins at home, but should not end there." An organized house can give us a peace of mind and a good heart can also make someone happy.







day 19
According to Zoe Kravitz, "Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that's when you're most beautiful." I like to learn more about how I will look good because if I look good, I can develop my self- confidence and I will feel good about it.








day 20
I am not an expert in cooking, but I am the Captain of my team in Chili Cook Off. So instead of just concentrating on cooking our recipe entry, I also think of other prize that we might get as well. So I help my team in putting up a creative decorations for our booth this morning and luckily I am a part of the winning team for Best Decorations . 
"Creative thinking - in terms of idea creativity - is not a mystical talent. It is a skill that can be practiced and nurtured." - Edward de Bono
Since I know that I am better in some other craft, it is there where I focused, but since I am still developing my cooking abilities and we didn't win for the Best in Chili Cook, no worries! I will just keep on practicing. I am ready to improve more of my cooking skills.

"Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up. There's nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day." by
Rachel Boston.
I am thankful for doing the 21-day healthy habit challenge and this is a blessing for me that I will not just do it from the start, but rather to continue it on my daily life. The sunset doesn't just end a healthy day, for there is also a sunrise that will keep us going for a healthier tomorrow.





Thank you to Unilab Foundation for I am very happy to be a part of this 21-days healthy habits challenge. Indeed, #healthierPH #healthishappening Unilab Foundation








No comments: